Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Location: Damascus, Syria
Applications open from: 27/04/2017
Closing date: 13/5/2017
Your CV (with full address, telephone, and email contact details for three professional referees) should be sent to to the email address with the subject used ( Health Information System Officer) by 13/5/2017. Shortlisting may be done before the application deadline.
Health Information System Officer
The Health Information Systems (HIS) Officer reports to the SARC Health Project Coordinator.
The Health Information Officer will be the focal point for SARC Health Information System to ensure data quality, access and utilization
Data management and support
- Provide support for SARC in reviewing, developing and adapting appropriate data collection tools
- Control data quality through ensuring that data is clean, complete and checked for accuracy
- Compile and analysis HMIS data using qualitative and quantitative methods
- interpret data and provide feedback to decision makers and health facilities personnel
- Produce periodic maps and graphics, including an analysis of health trends
- Ensure data is updated and available for SARC and partners for monthly, quarterly, annual, end of project and ad hoc narrative and analytical reports
- Be ready to make presentations of data findings and trends from time to time to various audience including decision makers
- Ensure confidentially, security of health databases, including performance of backups
- Participate in training and support of SARC health staff in collection, collating, and analysing health data.
- Provide support to HIS database at health facility level (including mobile health units) as needed, through remote support and/or field visits
- Generate and share information by using the WHO Health Resources Availability Mapping System (HeRAMS) as needed
- Participate in surveys, when appropriate
- Perform any other duties as assigned supervisor
- Work in close coordination with SARC information department, IT department and data base service provider (Concord 4 solutions) to ensure efficient data entry, processing and dissemination
- Collaborate with SARC pharmacist in keeping track of drugs, medical supplies and consumables at SARC health facilities through HIS
- Co-operate with the monitoring and evaluation team to feed information for project monitoring and reporting.
- Collaborate with the IFRC Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting (PMEAR) production team in report production
- Bachelor degree in information systems management/ statistics/Medical or paramedical degree e.g. medicine, nursing, public health, community health
- Redcross/Red Crescent knowledge and experience
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English
- Willingness to travel frequently to programme sites
- Computer literacy in MS office, word, Excel and Power point
- Committed to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Ability to travel inside and outside the country.
- Experience or knowledge of data collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation
Competencies and values
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Creativity and innovation