SYRIAN ARAB RED CRESCENT (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Job Title: Health Coordinator – Psychiatry
Reporting to: SARC Medical Director
Location: SARC Headquarters/ Damascus
Purpose of position
Under the supervision and direction of SARC Medical Director, the Health Coordinator will be the focal point for SARC psychiatry affairs. He/she works in close collaboration with other SARC mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) team and other HQ health coordinators includes
To provide leadership and oversight in planning, implementing, monitoring of mental health services at SARC health facilities
- Mapping of existing mental health service providers in order to facilitate the referral of severe or complex cases to SARC specialized mental health services
- Provide effective leadership and governance in development of strategies for mental health in SARC facilities.
- Ongoing assessment of the mental needs in newly accessible and other geographical to identify priority areas for intervention
- Identify learning needs and organize for/or provides training and workshop to strengthen capacity to strengthen capacity
- Collaborate with branch in the recruitment and orientation of staff for mental health clinics
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of minimum standards for practice are maintained as per MOH/WHO/Sphere standards
- Ensure rational use of Psychotropic and Neurological Medications in line with MOH /WHO/ international standards/ IASC guidelines
- Ensure psychiatrists carry out his/her duties in accordance with ethical standards
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the field to supervise and support psychiatrics and other doctors and make recommendations for improvement
- Review and analyze HIS data to ensure accurate reporting and analysis in collaboration with SARC HIS Officer
- Submit regular reports and statistics required regularly by the Director of Medical Services for decision making and donor reporting
- Collaborate with other members of the MHPSS team to ensure a coordinated Multidisciplinary approach
- Collaborate with EHP and Clinic coordinators to ensure Mental Health is integrated into primary health care services
- Ensure adequate supplies of essential psychiatric drugs according to collaboration with SARC Pharmacy coordinator
- Collaborate with branches and health facilities in the recruitment and orientation of psychiatrics
- Work closely with SARC communication team to promote activities related to mental health
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with relevant partners supporting mental health operations
- Participate in external meetings as delegated by SARC Medical Director
- Degree in Psychiatry
- At least 2-3 years of humanitarian experience preferred
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic and English and ability to produce reports in both languages
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, internet and email
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Training and capacity building skills
- Readiness to work in multicultural teams
- Proactive, solution-focused, decisive, accountable, team-worker, flexible, resilient.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross Red Crescent fundamental principles.
- Promote principles of the Red Cross Movement.
- Understand and demonstrate accountability to the population reached by the services, and to donors.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by SARC Medical Director.
Deadline to apply: 19/12/2017
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references) to firstname.lastname@example.org, email subject: “Health Coordinator – Psychiatry”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Incomplete files or applications in a language other than English will be rejected.