Job Title: Health Coordinator Mobile Health
Reporting to: SARC Medical Director
Workplace: SARC Headquarters/ Damascus
Purpose of position:
Under the supervision and direction of SARC Medical Director, the Health Coordinator is the focal point for SARC Mobile Health Unit Operations
He/she works in close collaboration with other HQ coordinators.
To provide leadership and oversight in planning, implementing, monitoring of SARC Mobile Health Operations
- Ongoing assessment of the health needs in newly accessible and other geographical to identify priority areas for mobile health interventions
- In close cooperation with the clinic staff, develop implementation guidelines and mechanisms, including establishing common quality standards, approaches and participatory methodologies to work with vulnerable communities, reporting, and exit strategies.
- In close cooperation with SARC branches, oversees the development, application of standard operating procedures related to mobile health
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of minimum standards for practice are maintained as per MOH/WHO/Sphere standards.
- Identify learning needs and organize for/or provides trainings and workshop to strengthen capacity
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the field to supervise and support mobile health units and teams make recommendations for improvement
- Ensure accountability of all drugs and medical equipment in collaboration with pharmacy coordinator and biomedical engineer
- Review and analyze HIS data to ensure accurate reporting and analysis in collaboration with SARC HIS Officer
- Submit regular reports and statistics required regularly by the Director of Medical Services for decision making and donor reporting
- Collaborate with HQ coordinators (EHPs, Clinics, Nutrition, First Aid, Mental Health, PRP, Health Program Liaison Officer and operation department) to ensure efficiency and application of standards
- Collaborate with branches and health facilities in the recruitment and orientation of MHU staff
- Work closely with SARC communication team to promote activities within the mobile health program
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with relevant partners supporting mobile health operations
- Participate in external meetings as delegated by SARC Medical Director
- Degree in medicine/ pharmacy /health
- At least 2-3 years of humanitarian and/or development experience
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic and English and ability to produce reports in both languages
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, internet and email
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Training and capacity building skills
- Readiness to work in multicultural teams
- Proactive, solution-focused, decisive, accountable, team-worker, flexible, resilient.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross Red Crescent fundamental principles.
- Promote principles of the Red Cross Movement.
- Understand and demonstrate accountability to the population reached by the services, and to donors.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by SARC Medical Director.
Deadline to apply: 21/10/2017
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter and references) to firstname.lastname@example.org, email subject: “Application: Biomedical Engineer Manager – SARC HQ”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Incomplete files or applications in a language other than English will be rejected.