Syrian Arab Red Crescent, Damascus
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 28/07/2019
Vacancy closing date: 10/08/2019
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “General Ledger and Fixed Asset Accountant”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete file or application in a language other than English will be rejected
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a:
General Ledger and Fixed Asset Accountant (based in SARC Head Quarter Abu Remaneh, Damascus, Syria)
The General Ledger and Fixed Asset Accountant is responsible of receiving and reviewing input supporting documents and preparing the appropriate journal vouchers related to General Ledger and Fixed Assets regarding SARC’s activities. The General Ledger and Fixed Asset Accountant also handles the management of the Society’s fixed assets.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Operational Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement General Accounting and fixed assets policies and procedures properly within the domain of
- Prepare inventory balance from the inventory registry and identify discrepancies and
- Prepare the required Journal Vouchers of General Ledger and Fixed Assets based on approved supporting documents for proper period-end
- Match transaction details with the “Reconciliation Statement” form to identify and reconcile transactions in Journal for period-end
- Handle fixed asset acquisition process through receiving the documents from concerned department and manage Fixed Asset
- Generate, review and check depreciation journals for fixed assets on a monthly
- Handle the insurance of fixed assets
- Assist stocktaking activity to ensure accuracy of the
- Update the “fixed assets registry” with fixed assets additions, retirements, adjustments, and transfers based on supporting
- Maintain and prepare vouchers of provisions and reserves and seek the proper approval as per the authority
- Prepare transactions related to General Ledger as per instructions and submit for
- Handle Chart of Accounts (COA) maintenance through receiving and reviewing COA update
- Review and check General Ledger accounts
- Generate financial statements for annual fiscal declaration.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field
Very Good In English and Arabic
Function Specific Experience:
- Experience in financial accounting
Industry Related Experience:
- Experience in similar volunteer-based organizations or humanitarian organizations preferred
Years of Experience:
- 3 years of relevant experience