SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Vacancy opening date: 01/08/2019
Vacancy closing date: 17/08/2019
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “Database Administrator”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Location: SARC HQ in Damascus (Abou Remaneh – SARC Do Not Offer Transportation).
with frequent field visit in designated region
The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of a database. The DBA provides technical expertise in the design, implementation, and maintenance of database management systems that support SARC business, ERP system, health and community applications.
Additional responsibilities include reporting, data input and output, technology management, and end-user training and support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and documents database architecture.
- Assesses malfunctions of hardware and/or software applications for determining appropriate actions to maintain computer, network, and database operations.
- Builds database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions.
- Creates, tests, and executes data management languages. Implements and maintains database security and encryption
- Develops database utilities and automated reporting. Analyzes and sustains capacity and performance requirements. Monitors systems and platforms for availability.
- Oversees backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
- Performs maintenance operations daily, weekly and monthly on Oracle and SQL servers and databases, and information systems for ensuring efficient program operations.
- Performs database backups and restorations, and recovers corrupted databases.
- Develops, manages and tests database and information system backup and recovery plans.
- Develops standards and policies for data entry, and ensures compliance.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any related field.
- Certifications such as MCSA DBA, Oracle Associate or equivalent experience are required.
- Minimum 3 years in Microsoft SQL Server 2014+ (database implementations, backup, replication and account maintenance) and in Oracle database.
- Minimum 2 years administering database platform specific advanced features (e.g. clustering, encryption, logical/physical standby, replication).
- Experience in Telecom environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on database and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to performs a variety of professional tasks including, but not limited to, technology services representative on various committees or task forces
- Demonstrated ability to excel both independently and as a team member in a lively, collaborative environment.
Fluent in both oral and written English and Arabic.