Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Location: Damascus, Syria
Applications open from: 11th of March
Closing date: 19th of March
Your CV (with full address, telephone, and email contact details for three professional referees) should be sent to SARC Headquarters by the 19th of March at the latest. Shortlisting may be done before the application deadline.
SARC Community Based Health and First Aid Coordinator
SARC Medical Director
The community-based health and first aid (CBHFA) programme coordinator is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and coordination of CBHFA programme activities
- Leading on the establishment and development of the CBHFA programme
- Collaborating with CBHFA Branch Coordinators and Facilitators in organization and conducting training according to Red Cross/Red Crescent standards
- Supervision and support of CBHFA Branch Coordinators and Facilitators
- Ensuring CBHFA activities to ensure quality, consistency and coordinated implementation
- Providing support in designing community assessments and formulation of work plans to CBHFA committees and volunteers
- Ensuring community health data is collected, analyzed, documented and applied
- Supporting and monitoring community sensitization initiatives
- Identifying and strengthening linkages between SARC health clinics, health points, mobile health teams and community based activities such as hygiene promotion volunteers
- Defining and strengthening relations with stakeholders at national and branch levels.
- Reviewing and translation of CBHFA curriculum and CBHFA Tools to adapt to Syria Context
- Preparing and submitting various program reports
- Medical or paramedical degree e.g. medicine, nursing, public health, community health, community development
- Redcross/Red Crescent knowledge and experience
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English
- Willingness to travel frequently to programme sites
- Computer literacy in MS office, word, Excel and Power point
- Committed to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Ability to travel inside and outside the country.
- Experience and training in community based health care
- Experience in leading teams and training adults
- Excellent interpersonal, team-building and feedback skills
Competencies and values
- Collaboration and Team Building
- Creativity and innovation
- Developing Others