Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Location: Damascus, Syria
Applications open from: 8/03/2017
Closing date: 19/03/2017
Your CV (with full address, telephone, and email contact details for three professional referees) should be sent to SARC Headquarters by date at the latest. Shortlisting may be done before the application deadline.
Community- based health Care Coordinator
the SARC Health Project Coordinator.
The community-based health and first aid (CBHFA) programme coordinator is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and coordination of CBHFA programme activities
- Leading on the re-establishment and development of the CBHFA programme
- Participating in the selection and translation of relevant learning content CBHFA curriculum
- Organizing meetings and workshops for stakeholders
- Supervision and support of CBHFA facilitators
- Collaborating with CBHFA facilitators in organization and conducting training according to Red Cross/Red Crescent standards
- Providing support in community assessment and formulation of work plans to CBHFA volunteers
- Supervision and support of CBHFA activities to ensure quality, consistency and coordinated implementation
- Identifying and strengthening linkages with SARC health clinics, health points, mobile health teams and community based activities such as hygiene promotion volunteers
- Supporting and monitoring community sensitization initiatives
- Supporting, monitoring and evaluation efforts, and ensuring that community health data is collected, analyzed, documented and applied
- Defining and strengthening relations with stakeholders at national and branch levels.
- Working closely with SARC branches to assist in mapping health risks in communities
- Conducting regular field visits to support CBFHA volunteers and committees
- Medical or paramedical degree e.g. medicine, nursing, public health, community health
- Red cross/Red Crescent knowledge and experience
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English
- Willingness to travel frequently to programme sites
- Computer literacy in MS office, word, Excel and Power point
- Committed to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Ability to travel inside and outside the country.
- Experience and training in community based health care
- Experience in leading teams and training adults
- Excellent interpersonal, team-building and feedback skills
Competencies and values
- Collaboration and Team Building
- Creativity and innovation
- Developing Others