The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a:
Cash Based Assistance (CBA) Officer (based in SARC HQ in Damascus Abu Remmaneh with frequent travel around Syria)
Vacancy opening date: 16-08-2020
Vacancy closing date: 22-08-2020
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected.
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “CBA Officer”.
Any resume without subject (CBA Officer) will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Purpose of employment:
The Cash Based Assistance (CBA) Officer that shares the values of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and ensures adherence to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement at all times.
This position provides effective support and technical expertise on the implementation of preparedness CBA activities and on Planning, Implementing, Monitoring and Evaluating CBA interventions.
Duties and responsibilities:
Support on Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation of CBA
- Support the SARC CBA preparedness plan of action: organisation of trainings, support developing procedures and programme tools related (SOPs, tools and guidelines) upon requirement;
- Support on the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the CBA projects (HQ and Branch level) upon requirement;
- Support CBA teams at Branch level;
- Update and maintain contact information and mailing lists;
- Ensure documentation is properly managed and maintained;
- Deliver monthly report on assets inventory;
- Support on logistics and administrative duties related to the implementation of CBA activities as required;
- Support on translation Arabic-English translation when required;
- Other relevant activities related to CBA upon requirement;
Data Collection and Analysis
- Develop mobile data collection tools (ODK) for the CBA interventions, with the technical support and coordination from the Information Management Unit;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database that consolidates CBA interventions coordinated with the IM Unit;
- Collect, clean, process, and analyse data, information and technical reports from SARC CBA interventions with the coordination and technical support from the IM Unit.
- Provide weekly reports based on the CBA interventions in close coordination with SARC Branches;
- Keep track of progress in CBA activities and provide a monthly report on the status of CBA projects, in close collaboration with CBA team and Information Management Department;
- Develop bi-weekly crosschecks of presented financial expenses versus reported field activities, to raise awareness and make necessary amendments for the monthly report;
- Elaborates presentations and executive summaries upon requirement.
Essential qualifications and professional experience required
- University degree in Business Administration, Economic or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience with humanitarian organization;
- Committed to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement;
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with e-mail programmers (MS Outlook) and Internet search engines;
- Knowledge on Mobile device-based data collection technology (MDC);
- Very Good oral and written communication skills both in Arabic and English;
- Ability to travel inside and outside the country.
Desirable qualifications and competencies
- Good understanding of Cash Voucher Assistance;
- Knowledge on project cycle management and project management tools (logical frameworks, work plans, budgets and forecasts, monitoring and evaluation plans, indicator tracking, etc.);
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, and recommend appropriate solutions;
- Proven ability to manage complex information;
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively, including ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations;
- Proven ability to plan and organize, establish priorities, manage and monitor work plans and ability to work under pressure;
- Proactive, solution-focused, accountable, team-worker and strong integrity.
This position reports directly to the CBA Coordinator. This position will also support the CBA developments at SARC Branch level.
Liaise technically with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement CBA Coordinator.
PS: Syrian Arab Red Crescent Does Not Provide Any Transportations For Employees.