Syrian Arab Red Crescent, Damascus
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 24/09/2018
Vacancy closing date: 3/10/2018
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “Budgeting and Reporting Officer”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete file or application in a language other than English will be rejected
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a:
Budgeting and Reporting Officer (based in SARC Head Quarter, Damascus, Syria)
The Budgeting and Reporting Officer ensures preparation of the organization’s control over the
budgets related to the projects as well as manages reporting on a periodic basis.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Operational Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and update budget policies and procedures and communicate approach and timeline
throughout the organization.
- Assist budget holders in filling out the distributed budgeting templates and securing the actual
and historical data when needed.
- Follow up with the departments on budget update and report expenditures.
- Produce Budgeting Comparative Reports on a periodic basis.
- Monitor the Budgeting Comparative Reports, track and explain variations on a periodic basis.
- Initiate and assist in the development of the annual budget process.
- Produce quarterly budget memo containing reasons of variances for all departments based on
- Review, monitor and analyze the reasonableness of budgetary requests, recommend
appropriate balance and use of limited resources.
- Review analysis of data and trend analysis as well comparison of current data with budgeted
and forecasted numbers.
- Prepare and analyze periodic reporting data related to operational performance, variances and
- Analyze financial statements of the organization as well as its expenses and revenues in order
to predict future financial performance.
- Hold a list of reporting activities and prepare reports within the deadline of each stakeholder
(e.g. ministry, social security, donor).
- Support internal and external auditors responding to audit queries.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
Fluent In English and Arabic
Function Specific Experience:
- Experience in the area of budgeting and reporting
Industry Related Experience:
- Experience in similar volunteer-based organizations or humanitarian organizations preferred
Years of Experience:
- 3 years of relevant experience
Chief Budgeting and Reporting Officer
Relationships with other departments/Sections:
- All departments of the organization
- Internal Audit
External auditors and consultants.