Job title: Biomedical Engineer Manager (Focal Point)
Function: Biomedical Engineer Manager – SARC HQ
Working base: SARC HQ, Damascus
Direct Supervisor: Dr./Eng.
The Biomedical Engineer (BME) Manager acts as a support for healthcare facilities to ensure that all medical equipment operates in optimum conditions. The BME Manager acts as a focal point between SARC and ICRC, monitoring and following up on all biomedical interventions and donations of medical equipment.
- Coordinates the management of SARC hospitals medical equipment cycle, as described in the project cycle for BME:
- Planning and assessment
- Inventory management
- Troubleshooting of medical equipment
- Maintenance planning for medical equipment (preventive maintenance)
- Planning and scheduling of technical interventions (corrective maintenance)
- Correct disposal of medical equipment
- Biomedical projects; analysis and assists in the development of strategies for equipment-related needs
- Coordinate the regular timely maintenance of medical equipment
- Coordinate corrective maintenance of medical equipment with external suppliers
- Act as the focal point between SARC and ICRC in matters related to the Biomedical Engineering Programme (BME) in Syria
- In collaboration with ICRC BME team, monitor and follow up of biomedical activities in ICRC supported SARC Centres.
- Ensure staff is well trained in operating equipment and coordinate trainings.
- Identify training needs and oversee the creation of capacity-building programs and their implementation.
- Professional Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or another relevant field.
- 5 years minimum experience in Hospital Medical Equipment Management or Clinical Engineer.
- 3 years minimum experience as Medical Equipment Specialist, Medical technician or similar field.
- Sound understanding of Clinical Engineering practices, medical equipment lifecycle, project management, and technical market.
- Strong knowledge of medical equipment stakeholders (suppliers, companies and technicians).
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Good analytical and computer skills
Desired profile and skills:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in a team-oriented environment;
- Knowledge of the biomedical context (regulations, products, environment)
- Proactivity, perseverance and flexibility;
- Excellent analytical writing skills and good communication and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal, negation and communication skills
- Capacity to work independently and lead a team
- The candidate must be prepared to carry out professional trips inside Syria
Deadline to apply: 19/08/2017
Working Language: Arabic/English
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter and references) to email@example.com, email subject: “Application: Biomedical Engineer Manager – SARC HQ”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Incomplete files or applications in a language other than English will be rejected.