Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Closing date: 31/03/2018
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references) to email@example.com, email subject: “Administrative Officer in INGOs Department.”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Incomplete files or applications in a language other than English will be rejected.
ToR Administrative Officer
Job title: Administrative Officer in INGOs Department.
Based in: SARC- HQ Damascus
Reporting to: Head of INGOs Department
About Syrian Arab Red Crescent
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, and it’s permanent and continuous, and it has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
Syrian Arab Red Crescent was founded in 1942 according to the decree No/540/ 1942 and the decree No/117/ 1966 that regulating the Organization’s work.
Syrian Arab Red Crescent has been recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, SARC is committed to Geneva Conventions and the seven basic principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent.
SARC has a headquarters in Damascus and fourteen branches in the fourteen governorates of Syria, and 75 of sub branches.
- Administration duties
- The administrative Officer handles the day-to-day communications for the INGOs Department in The Syrian Arab Red Crescent. S/he operates as the department’s gatekeeper because most everything crosses His/hers desk first. S/he answers calls, takes messages, schedules meetings and writes official letters to the INGOs or prepares draft reports. S/he opens and sorts mail and delivers it to the appropriate personnel. S/he might respond to email inquiries or route them to the executive. The administrative Officer proofreads reports and written documents for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors.
- The Administrative Officer communicates with staff in SARC technical departments to follow up on the delivery of the reports to the partner INGOs on time and in the write form.
- S/he communicates with SARC Branches to inform them about any field visit an INGO perform and follow up on the delivery of required reports.
- s/he shall prepare a check list of the INGOs requests to be followed up with the ministry of Foreign affairs and other line ministries if needed.
- Organize related workshops/meetings with partner INGOs
- S/he attends the meeting the meetings with partner INGOs and submit minutes of meeting to the Head of INGOs department.
- b) Financial
The Administrative Officer handles the coordination with the Financial Department in SARC. She ensures that all the payment processes between SARC and the INGOs are delivered on time. Moreover, s/he follows up on the delivery of financial reports that SARC has to submit to the INGOs on time as part of SARC obligation in each project.
Education: Bachelor Degree in social sciences, business administration or equivalent.
Skills: Excellent typing, oral/written communication in Arabic and English, and computer skills; able to work independently or on a team; operate general office equipment like a copy machine, fax machine, multi-line telephone system, and scanner; knowledge of software, databases.
Experience: two years of experience in similar position. Experience in NGO or INGO is preferable.