Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Vacancy opening date: 28/03/2018
Vacancy closing date: 15/04/2018
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected) to email@example.com, email subject: “Accounting Assistant”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete files or applications in a language other than English will be rejected.
Accounting Assistant Job Description
Job title: Accounting Assistant.
Based in: SARC- Headquarter – Damascus
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit Section
About Syrian Arab Red Crescent
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, and it’s permanent and continuous, and it has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
Syrian Arab Red Crescent was founded in 1942 according to the decree No/540/ 1942 and the decree No/117/ 1966 that regulating the Organization’s work.
Syrian Arab Red Crescent has been recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, SARC is committed to Geneva Conventions and the seven basic principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent.
SARC has a headquarters in Damascus and fourteen branches in the fourteen governorates of Syria, and 75 of sub branches.
Accounting Assistant Job Purpose:
Help Accountants in the course of their work. May help accountants directly, helping them complete daily tasks, or may work indirectly, keying in data and compiling information for the Accountants but leaving the final analysis, audit, and approval to the Accountants themselves. Relies as much on administrative skills as accounting knowledge and understanding of financial concepts. Relies on knowledge of accounting terminology and accounting systems. Follows the direction and judgement of Accountants and Accounting Managers.
Accounting Assistant Job Duties:
- Enter and code financial transactions appropriately
- Process payments as well as documents like invoices
- Preparing statutory accounts.
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Sorting out incoming and outgoing daily post and answering any queries.
- Managing petty cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and chasing debt.
- Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits.
- Review employee expenses and make reimbursements
- Make bank deposits and keep up records
- Track expenses as they relate to specific projects and jobs
- Validate invoices against items or services received
- Check all financial transactions for accuracy
- Key data into company accounting system.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- At least 1-2 years working experience in Accountant field.
- Good written and spoken Arabic and English and ability to produce reports in both languages.
- Computer literacy in MS office, word and Excel.
- Ability to travel inside the country when needed.