The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organization’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 16/08/2018
Vacancy closing date: 25/08/2018
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “Reporting Officer”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Description – Reporting Officer
SARC – Livelihoods programming:
- Position Title: Reporting Officer
- Reporting to:
- The Reporting Officer reports to the Livelihoods Manager
- The Reporting Officer will be tasked by Livelihoods Manager and by the Movement Livelihoods Delegate as required
- Keep updated information on the projects implementation at field level
- Comply with the SARC financial and administrative procedures and financial requirements.
- Support external evaluation missions.
- Provide technical assistance on data collection to field officers and livelihoods teams at the branches
- Work together with the information management department to develop and maintain a comprehensive database that consolidates all individual project databases.
- Work together with livelihoods field officers, finance and information management staff to keep track of progress in programme activities and provide monthly updates on the status of each project under the programme.
- Provide to the Livelihoods Manager weekly reports based in the reports sent by the branches
- Support the Livelihoods Manager in the bi-weekly cross-checking of presented financial expenses versus reported field activities, to raise alerts and correct any possible booking mistake before the monthly reporting deadlines.
- Support the Livelihoods Manager in logistics and administrative duties related to the delivery of the livelihoods programme, such as purchase requests, logistical arrangements for field visits and trainings and provide monthly reports on these duties
- Assist to compile and submit regular project updates
- Provide Arabic-English translation/interpretation support to the Movement Livelihoods Delegate, and other administrative, organisational and bureaucratic support as required.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager
Required skills and working experience
- Educated to university undergraduate degree level Economics, Administration or related field
- Experience working on similar humanitarian programmes
- Knowledge of SARC branch and governorate
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic
- Very good understanding of reporting
- Good level of computer skills including email and internet use
- An understanding of reporting, basic administration, finance and logistics
- Provide translation and interpretation services as requested
- Knowledge of the RCRC Movement
- Good time management skills and works well in a team
- Integrity and honesty in dealing with confidential information
- Able to work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
- Strong ability to communicate with people and colleagues at different level
- Must be able to execute tasks in a responsible, reliable and sincere manner
- Previous exposure to international humanitarian standards including the Red Cross Red Crescent Code of Conduct and Fundamental Principles, and understanding of the importance of accountability to beneficiaries is an advantage.